Terms & Conditions
Commission Bid Form
Bids must be received before 10 am on the morning of the sale.
View our Commission Bid Form
Conditions of Sale
- Thomas P. Adams & Co. act in all respects, save where otherwise appears, only as agents for the Seller of each lot.
- The highest bidder acceptable to the Auctioneer shall be the Buyer, but if, during the sale of a lot, the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen or that there is any other reason for so doing, he may at his absolute discretion immediately put the lot up again for sale.
- The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding as he may decide.
- a. The Seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot, and the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller for any lot on which a reserve has been placed.
b. Thomas P. Adams & Co. have the right at their absolute discretion to withdraw or divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots.
- a. The purchase price payable by the Buyer shall be the aggregate of the final bid and a premium of 20% of the final bid.‘The final bid’ is the price at which the lot is knocked downto the Buyer.
b. The Buyer may be required to pay forthwith the whole or any part of the purchase price and if he fails to do so the lot or lots may at the Auctioneer’s absolute discretion be put up again and resold.
- Value Added Tax at 23% is payable on auction fees.
- a. All statements in the Catalogues, advertisements or brochures of forthcoming sales as to any of the matters specified in (b.) or (c.) below are statements of opinion and are not statements of fact, nor should they be relied upon as such.
b. Neither the Seller nor Thomas P. Adams & Co. are responsible for any statement as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or provenance of any lot, or any errors of description.
c. Neither the Seller nor Thomas P. Adams & Co. are responsible for any faults or defects inany lot.
d. Neither the Seller nor Thomas P. Adams & Co. nor any person in their employ, make or have any authority to make any representation or warranty nor are they responsible for any representation or warranty, or for any statement in the Catalogues, advertisements or brochures or forthcoming sales or illustrations therein.
- a. No lot can be taken away during the auction, nor can any lot be taken away until the purchase price has been paid in full.
b. All lots are to be paid for and taken away at the Buyer’s expense within two days from sale.
- If the Buyer fails to pay for or take away any lot in accordance with condition 8 above, Thomas P. Adams & Co. shall be entitled at their absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other right or remedies to exercise one or more of the following rights.
a. Without notice to the Buyer, to resell the lot or cause it to be resold by public or private sale. Any deficiency in the purchase price attending such resale to be made good by the defaulting Buyer, after giving credit for any payment and after deducting the full costs incurred in connection with the lot; and any surplus (after retention by Thomas P. Adams & Co. of the premium) to be the Seller’s.
b. To store the lot or cause it to be stored whether at their own premises or elsewhere at the sole expense of the Buyer, and to release the lot only after payment in full of the purchase price, the accrued cost of removal, storage and insurance (if any).
- The property in a lot shall not pass to the Buyer until he has paid the purchase price in full, but the lot will be at the buyer’s risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer. Notwithstanding that Thomas P. Adams & Co act only as agents for the Seller, they shall be entitled to retain the premium referred to in condition 5.a. hereof, irrespective of and in addition to such remunerations as they may receive from the Seller, Thomas P. Adams & Co. shall be entitled to a lien on any lot sold until the purchase price is paid in full by the Buyer.
- The respective rights and obligations of the parties in respect to the Conditions of Sale shall be governed and interpreted by Irish Law and the Buyer hereby submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Dowload a PDF Version of our Conditions of Sale
Terms & Conditions for the Purchaser - Adams Blackrock
Conditions of Sale
All lots are sold under the Conditions of Sale as printed in the catalogue and on display in the salerooms & our web site www.adamsblackrock.com
These are shown below each lot & are provided as a guide only. Please note these may be subject to revision.
Please register for a paddle number before the auction and allow time for registration. This may be done on the viewing days.
Absentee & Telephone Bids
We are happy to carry out absentee or written bids for those unable to attend. Bids must be received before 10am on the morning of the sale. In the event of Equal Bids being received for the same lot the first received will be given preference. Cancellation of bids must be received twenty four hours before the auction. Bidding by telephone may be booked on lots with a minimum estimate of €500 subject to availability of lines. This figure may be subject to revision. Please book early as there are a limited number of telephone lines.
Please note that all lots are sold ‘as is’ & imperfections are not stated in the catalogue. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to satisfy themselves prior to the auction as to the condition report of the lot before bidding.
The buyer shall pay the Auctioneer a commission at the rate of 20% on the hammer price plus VAT @ 23%. The VAT is applied only to the commission on all individual lots. Artist Resale Rights (Droit de Suite) is not payable by purchasers.
All purchases must be paid for within three calender days of the sale. Payment terms are cash, cheque drawn on an Irish bank or banker’s draft. Clearence of cheques is required before removal of the items, unless otherwise agreed with Adams. We accept Credit Cards excluding American Express which are subject to a surcharge of 1.9%.. Debit cards, including Laser card payments are not subject to a surcharge, however there are daily limits on Laser Card payments.
Bank Trasfer details are available on request & all surcharges on same must be paid in advance.
Items may be collected between 9.30am – 5pm (closed 1-2pm) Wednesday, Thursday & Friday post sale. There is no collection after this period. Please note transport can be arranged through Hanway Removals (087 2548953) or Smith Removals (01 2800935/ 087 2538464). International transport may arranged through Patrick Oman, Echo Removals & Storage, Tel 353 1 6757900/ 086 2552151
All Lots art sold within the Auctioneer’s VAT Margin Scheme unless advised to the contrary. Revenue Regulations require that the Buyer’s Premium must be invoiced at a rate which is inclusive of VAT. This is not recoverable by an VAT registered buyer.